HamaCare Private Limited (“us”, “we”, or “HamaCare”, which also includes its affiliates) is the author and publisher of the internet resource www.HamaCare.com (“Website”) on the world wide web as well as the software and applications provided by HamaCare, including but not limited to the mobile application ‘HamaCare’, and the software and applications with the Website, referred to as the “Services”).
- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”);
- Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- The type of information collected from the Users, including Personal Information (as defined in paragraph 2 below) and Sensitive Personal Data or Information (as defined in paragraph 2 below) relating to an individual;
- The purpose, means and modes of collection, usage, processing, retention and destruction of such information; and
- How and to whom HamaCare will disclose such information.
2.COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally some of the Services require us to know who you are so that we can best meet your needs. When you access the Services, or through any interaction with us via emails, telephone calls or other correspondence, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you. You hereby consent to the collection of such information by HamaCare. Without prejudice to the generality of the above, information collected by us from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- contact data (such as your email address and phone number);
- demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your pin code);
- data regarding your usage of the services and history of the appointments made by or with you through the use of Services;
- insurance data (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan);
- other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us (such as information shared by you with us through emails or letters.
The information collected from you by HamaCare may constitute ‘personal information’ or ‘sensitive personal data or information’ under the SPI Rules.
“Personal Information” is defined under the SPI Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
The SPI Rules further define “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” of a person to mean personal information about that person relating to:
- financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- information received by body corporate under lawful contract or otherwise;
- visitor details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter; and
- call data records.
HamaCare will be free to use, collect and disclose information that is freely available in the public domain without your consent.
- 1ALL USERS NOTE:
This section applies to all users.
- 1.3All the information provided to HamaCare by a User, including Personal Information or any Sensitive Personal Data or Information, is voluntary. You understand that HamaCare may use certain information of yours, which has been designated as Personal Information or ‘Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ under the SPI Rules, (a) for the purpose of providing you the Services, (b) for commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, (c) for sale or transfer of such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates (d) for communication purpose so as to provide You a better way of booking appointments and for obtaining feedback in relation to the Practitioners and their practice, (e) debugging customer support related issues.. HamaCare also reserves the right to use information provided by or about the End-User for the following purposes:
- Publishing such information on the Website.
- Contacting End-Users for offering new products or services.
- Contacting End-Users for taking product and Service feedback.
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility.
- Analyzing anonymized practice information for commercial use.
If you have voluntarily provided your Personal Information to HamaCare for any of the purposes stated above, you hereby consent to such collection and use of such information by HamaCare. However, HamaCare shall not contact You on Your telephone number(s) for any purpose including those mentioned in this sub-section 4.1(iii), if such telephone number is registered with the Do Not Call registry (“DNC Registry”) under the PDPA without your express, clear and un-ambiguous written consent.
- 1.5HamaCare does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Services and, therefore, HamaCare specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Services, and you agree that you waive any claims against HamaCare relating to same, and to the extent such waiver may be ineffective, you agree to release any claims against HamaCare relating to the same.
- 1.6You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your personal information changes, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through privacy@HamaCare.com. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete), or HamaCare has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, HamaCare may, at its sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the Services to you. There may be circumstances where HamaCare will not correct, delete or update your Personal Data, including (a) where the Personal Data is opinion data that is kept solely for evaluative purpose; and (b) the Personal Data is in documents related to a prosecution if all proceedings relating to the prosecution have not been completed.
- 1.7If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services, contact us through support@HamaCare.com . We will retain your information for as long as your account with the Services is active and as needed to provide you the Services. We shall not retain such information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes. Please note that your withdrawal of consent, or cancellation of account may result in HamaCare being unable to provide you with its Services or to terminate any existing relationship HamaCare may have with you.
- 1.8If you wish to opt-out of receiving non-essential communications such as promotional and marketing-related information regarding the Services, please send us an email at support@HamaCare.com .
- 1.9HamaCare may require the User to pay with a credit card, wire transfer, debit card or cheque for Services for which subscription amount(s) is/are payable. HamaCare will collect such User’s credit card number and/or other financial institution information such as bank account numbers and will use that information for the billing and payment processes, including but not limited to the use and disclosure of such credit card number and information to third parties as necessary to complete such billing operation. Verification of credit information, however, is accomplished solely by the User through the authentication process. User’s credit-card/debit card details are transacted upon secure sites of approved payment gateways which are digitally under encryption, thereby providing the highest possible degree of care as per current technology. However, HamaCare provides you an option not to save your payment details. User is advised, however, that internet technology is not full proof safe and User should exercise discretion on using the same.
- 1.10Due to the communications standards on the Internet, when a User or the End-User or anyone who visits the Website, HamaCare automatically receives the URL of the site from which anyone visits. HamaCare also receives the Internet Protocol (IP) address of each User’s computer (or the proxy server a User used to access the World Wide Web), User’s computer operating system and type of web browser the User is using, email patterns, as well as the name of User’s ISP. This information is used to analyze overall trends to help HamaCare improve its Service. The linkage between User’s IP address and User’s personally identifiable information is not shared with or disclosed to third parties. Notwithstanding the above, HamaCare may share and/or disclose some of the aggregate findings (not the specific data) in anonymized form (i.e., non-personally identifiable) with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others in order to help grow its business.
- 1.11The Website uses temporary cookies to store certain (that is not sensitive personal data or information) that is used by HamaCare and its service providers for the technical administration of the Website, research and development, and for User administration. In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing services to its Users, HamaCare may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on the User’s browser. The cookies however, do not store any Personal Information of the User. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the Website, but the Website may be limited in the use of some of the features.
- 1.12A User may have limited access to the Website without creating an account on the Website. Unregistered Users can make appointments with the doctors by providing their name and phone number. In order to have access to all the features and benefits on our Website, a User must first create an account on our Website. To create an account, a User is required to provide the following information, which such User recognizes and expressly acknowledges is Personal Information allowing others, including HamaCare, to identify the User: name, User ID, email address, country, ZIP/postal code, age, phone number, password chosen by the User and valid financial account information. Other information requested on the registration page, including the ability to receive promotional offers from HamaCare, is optional. HamaCare may, in future, include other optional requests for information from the User to help HamaCare to customize the Website to deliver personalized information to the User.
- 1.14The Website may enable User to communicate with other Users or to post information to be accessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. Such Users, including any moderators or administrators, are not authorized HamaCare representatives or agents, and their opinions or statements do not necessarily reflect those of HamaCare, and they are not authorized to bind HamaCare to any contract. HamaCare hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any reliance or misuse of such information that is made available by Users or visitors in such a manner.
- 1.16HamaCare maintains a strict "No-Spam" policy, which means that HamaCare does not intend to sell, rent or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third party without your consent.
- 1.17HamaCare has implemented best international market practices and security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that it has under its control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, for any data loss or theft due to unauthorized access to the User’s electronic devices through which the User avails the Services, HamaCare shall not be held liable for any loss whatsoever incurred by the User.
- 1.18HamaCare implements reasonable security practices and procedures and has a comprehensive documented information security programme and information security policies that contain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of HamaCare’s business.
This section applies to all Practitioners.
- 2.1As part of the registration as well as the application creation and submission process that is available to Practitioners on HamaCare, certain information, including Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information is collected from the Practitioners.
- 2.3Practitioners’ personally identifiable information, which they choose to provide to HamaCare, is used to help the Practitioners describe and identify themselves. This information is exclusively owned by HamaCare You will be the owner of your information and you consent to HamaCare collecting, using, processing and/or disclosing this information for the purposes hereinafter stated .HamaCare may use such information for commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, and may sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates. HamaCare also reserves the right to use information provided by or about the Practitioner for the following purposes:
- Publishing such information on the Website.
- Contacting Practitioners for offering new products or services subject to the telephone number registered with the DNC Registry.
- Contacting Practitioners for taking product feedback.
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility.
- Analyzing anonymized practice information including financial, and inventory information for commercial use.
- 2.4HamaCare automatically enables the listing of Practitioners’ information on its Website for every ‘Doctor’ or ‘Clinic’ added to a Practice using its software. The Practitioner information listed on Website is displayed when End-Users search for doctors on Website, and the Practitioner information listed on Website is used by End-Users to request for doctor appointments. Any personally identifiable information of the Practitioners listed on the Website is not generated by HamaCare and is provided to HamaCare by Practitioners who wish to enlist themselves on the Website, or is collected by HamaCare from the public domain. HamaCare displays such information on its Website on an as-is basis making no representation or warranty on the accuracy or completeness of the information. As such, we strongly encourage Practitioners to check the accuracy and completeness of their information from time to time, and inform us immediately of any discrepancies, changes or updates to such information. HamaCare will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of this information.
- 2.5HamaCare may also display information for Practitioners who have not signed up or registered for the Services, provided that the Practitioners have consented to HamaCare collecting, processing and/or disclosing their information on the Website. Such Practitioners are verified by HamaCare or its associates, and HamaCare makes every effort to capture accurate information for such Practitioners. However, HamaCare does not undertake any liability for any incorrect or incomplete information appearing on the Website for such Practitioners.
This section applies to all End-Users.
- 3.1As part of the registration/application creation and submission process that is available to End-Users on this Website, certain information, including Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information is collected from the End-Users.
- 3.3If you have inadvertently submitted any such information to HamaCare prior to reading theprivacy statements set out herein, and you do not agree with the manner in which such information is collected, processed, stored, used or disclosed, then you may access, modify and delete such information by using options provided on the Website. In addition, you can, by sending an email to privacy@HamaCare.com, inquire whether HamaCare is in possession of your personal data, and you may also require HamaCare to delete and destroy all such information.
- 3.4End-Users’ personally identifiable information, which they choose to provide on the Website is used to help the End-Users describe/identify themselves. Other information that does not personally identify the End-Users as an individual, is collected by HamaCare from End-Users (such as, patterns of utilization described above) and is exclusively owned by HamaCare. HamaCare may also use such information in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, and may sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates. In particular, HamaCare reserves with it the right to use anonymized End-User demographics information and anonymized End-User health information for the following purposes:
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility.
- Analyzing such information for research and development of new technologies.
- Using analysis of such information in other commercial product offerings of HamaCare.
- Sharing analysis of such information with third parties for commercial use.
- 3.5HamaCare will communicate with the End-Users through email, phone and notices posted on the Website or through other means available through the service, including text and other forms of messaging. The End-Users can change their e-mail and contact preferences at any time by logging into their "Account" at www.HamaCare.com and changing the account settings.
- 3.6At times, HamaCare conducts a User survey to collect information about End-Users' preferences. These surveys are optional and if End-Users choose to respond, their responses will be kept anonymous. Similarly, HamaCare may offer contests to qualifying End-Users in which we ask for contact and demographic information such as name, email address and mailing address. The demographic information that HamaCare collects in the registration process and through surveys is used to help HamaCare improve its Services to meet the needs and preferences of End-Users.
- 3.7HamaCare may keep records of electronic communications and telephone calls received andmade for making appointments or other purposes for the purpose of administration of Services, customer support, research and development and for better listing of Practitioners.
- 3.8All HamaCare employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of sensitive personal data or information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of every End-Users’ Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data and Information. HamaCare has put in place procedures and technologies as per good industry practices and in accordance with the applicable laws, to maintain security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction. Any third-party data processor to which HamaCare transfers Personal Data shall have to agree to comply with those procedures and policies, or put in place adequate measures on their own.
- 3.10To the extent necessary to provide End-Users with the Services, HamaCare may provide their Personal Information to third party contractors who work on behalf of or with HamaCare to provide End-Users with such Services, to help HamaCare communicate with End-Users or to maintain the Website. Generally these contractors do not have any independent right to share this information, however certain contractors who provide services on the Website, including the providers of online communications services, may use and disclose the personal information collected in connection with the provision of these Services in accordance with their own privacy policies. In such circumstances, you consent to us disclosing your Personal Information to contractors, solely for the intended purposes only.
3.4CASUAL VISITORS NOTE:
- 4.1No sensitive personal data or information is automatically collected by HamaCare from any casual visitors of this website, who are merely perusing the Website.
- 4.3If you, as a casual visitor, have inadvertently browsed any other page of this Website prior to reading the privacy statements set out herein, and you do not agree with the manner in which such information is obtained, collected, processed, stored, used, disclosed or retained, merely quitting this browser application should ordinarily clear all temporary cookies installed by HamaCare. All visitors, however, are encouraged to use the “clear cookies” functionality of their browsers to ensure such clearing / deletion, as HamaCare cannot guarantee, predict or provide for the behaviour of the equipment of all the visitors of the Website.
· CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
- 1Your Personal Information is maintained by HamaCare in electronic form on its equipment, and on the equipment of its employees. Such information may also be converted to physical form from time to time. HamaCare takes all necessary precautions to protect your personal information both online and off-line, and implements reasonable security practices and measures including certain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of HamaCare’s business.
- 2No administrator at HamaCare will have knowledge of your password. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, your computer and your mobile phone. Be sure to log off from the Website when finished. HamaCare does not undertake any liability for any unauthorised use of your account and password. If you suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately notify HamaCare by sending an email to support@HamaCare.com You shall be liable to indemnify HamaCare due to any loss suffered by it due to such unauthorized use of your account and password.
- 3HamaCare makes all User information accessible to its employees, agents or partners and third parties only on a need-to-know basis, and binds only its employees to strict confidentiality obligations.
- 4Part of the functionality of HamaCare is assisting the doctors to maintain and organise such information. HamaCare may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the appropriate authorities, or to doctors who request access to such information.
- 5Part of the functionality of the HamaCare is assisting the patients to access information relating to them. HamaCare may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the relevant patients, or to their doctors.
- 6Notwithstanding the above, HamaCare is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your Personal Information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such partners and third parties. Further, HamaCare shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond the reasonable control of HamaCare including but not limited to, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the User etc.
If a User uses the Services or accesses the Website after a notice of changes has been sent to such User or published on the Website, such User hereby provides his/her/its consent to the changed terms.
· 6.CHILDREN'S AND MINOR'S PRIVACY
HamaCare strongly encourages parents and guardians to supervise the online activities of their minor children and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools also can prevent minors from disclosing their name, address, and other personally identifiable information online without parental permission. Although the HamaCare Website and Services are not intended for use by minors, HamaCare respects the privacy of minors who may inadvertently use the internet or the mobile application.
· 7.CONSENT TO THIS POLICY